To add a Flash Variable to a SWF in your course:
Your page should preview and the SWF will now have the Flash Vars passed in at load.
- Insert Upload and insert the SWF file as you normally would.
- Select the Flash file and open the Flash Setting Tab in the ribbon.
- Select the Properties button.
- Select the Playback tab in the Edit Multimedia Properties right fly-out.
- Select New Variable.
- If you are using one of the sample SWFs located at the bottom of this article:
a) In the left field input “variable1” which is the name of the variable in the sample.
b) In the right field input the text the sample variable should display
- Otherwise add the variables you have in your SWF.
- Select Update.
- Preview Page.