Enterprise Administrators have the capability to create as many different User Types as needed and assign any number of them to their Authors. User Types provide another layer of filtering to help you narrow your list of users to just the Authors assigned to a specific User Type—whether they be Project Managers, Translators, or some other type unique to your organization, they're all quicker and easier to locate with User Types.
To enable or disable a User Type:
Note: When a User Type is disabled, all Authors currently assigned to that Type will remain assigned to that type until an Administrator unassigns them. Authors who were not assigned previous to inactivation, or have since been unassigned, cannot be assigned to a disabled User Type.
- From the Application Menu, select Organization.
- Under the Users section, select User Types. This will open the User Manager.
- Locate the User Type you wish to enable or disable. You can do this by scrolling through the list, or enter the User Type label into the Search field and select the Search icon. Use the User Type and Status arrows to arrange your results.
- Once you've located the User Type you wish to edit, select its Status. You will be presented with two options: Active and Inactive.
- Select Active to enable a User Type or Inactive to disable it.