You can add special characters to your text in Claro. This includes characters such as currency signs, registration marks, fractions, copyright symbols, accented characters, etc.
To insert a special character:
- When you’re adding or editing text, click the Special Characters button in the Font section on the Home tab.
- Roll your mouse over the character icons. An enlarged preview of each character displays.
- When you see the character you want to insert, click it.
What if the Special Character button isn't available?The Special Character button is made available where you use it most—when inputting text into text elements on the stage. Other areas in Claro also allow for text input, but the Special Character button may not be accessible, such as in question choices or feedback and graph data.
To insert special characters when the button is not available:
- You can copy and paste characters from websites like w3schools.com.
- Use ALT codes on your PC or Option keys on Mac.
- If you're using a Mac, go to Edit > Special Character and a full list of characters will be provided.
Note: Mac also provides a Press and Hold option which will pop up a menu with all special characters related to the selected key. This is a great shortcut, but keep in mind that if you do not hit the spacebar (or other key) after generating a character in this manner, it may revert back to the key originally selected.