Claro is an online application that can run on any computer with an Internet connection and supports the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8 (Make sure you add HTTP://*.clarolive.com as a trusted site in Explorer to prevent security errors with the screen capture tool. For more information, see Adding a Trusted Site in IE8) or higher and that the browser is not in Compatibility mode (changing IE8/9 Compatibility mode)
- IE 10+ is highly recommended.
- Firefox 10 and higher
- Google Chrome 12 and higher
- Safari 5.1 and higher (only on the Mac platform)
- A high-speed internet connection will ensure the best user experience especially if you are working with online courseware, video streaming or large files.
- Browser cookies and scripting must be enabled.
- Pop-up blockers should be deactivated.
- Firewall, caching, and proxy servers and programs may need to be temporarily disabled or bypassed if authors experience issues with the system.
- Make sure your browser is not set to use proxy settings (see Proxy Settings and Local Area Network (LAN) Settings)
- Third-party toolbars may need to be temporarily disabled if authors experience issues authoring courses. In many cases toolbars and other add-ons to browsers can use up necessary screen space limiting the available authoring area.
- To help with the overall performance of Claro, your Claro URL should be added as a trusted site for your browser. This URL should also be set to bypass your firewall, caching and proxy server rules.
- Claro is designed to function with an SVGA monitor display settings at a minimum of 1024 × 768 pixels. We recommend at least 1280 × 1024 pixels as the display setting. If you have the minimum settings we recommend you put your browser in full screen mode. For more information, see Browser Full Screen Mode.
- Browsers will perform best if the zoom level is set to 100%. If your browser is not set to 100% then some elements of the interface will appear out of place. For more information, see Zoom Settings on a Browser
- Java applets signed by “dominKnow Inc.” should be trusted and allowed to execute. Java is only required for screen capture and recording. Those features are not available if our Applets are not permitted to run. For more information, see Claro Java Requirements.
- Flash player 10.1 is required (see detect Flash Version).
- Access to microphone and web camera should be enabled. If access to the microphone and web camera is not allowed then the audio and video capture features are not available. These features are used to record narration and allow live instructor video presentations.