In Claro, there are two categories for Questions: Practice Questions and Test Questions.
Practice Questions can be used at key points throughout your course to help your learners gauge their understanding of newly learned content. Since these questions are for practice purposes only, they are not graded and may be set to accept multiple attempts.
Test Questions are presented at the end of a course module and are intended to measure the learner's understanding of the learning material. Unlike Practice Questions, Test Questions must be attached to the Learning Objects containing the related content pages—they cannot be placed in an empty Learning Object. Also, since Test Questions are scored, only one question attempt is permitted per test.
To insert a Multiple Choice question:
- From the Course Panel select the Learning Object where you want to place your question.
- From the Home tab select the downward arrow of the Question button (for Test Questions) or of the Practice button (for Practice Questions).
- Choose a Multiple Choice question layout.
- The Question Properties right fly-out will open. From here you can give your question a Page Title, Description, and Tags.
- Under Settings set the Test Question's weighting to Partial Scoring to On, Off, or To Be Determined by your Publishing Profile—See Question Weighting and Scores for more information on these settings. Select the maximum number of selections permitted, choose the Numbering style and select the checkbox if you want to save this as the default.
- Under Choice Feedback Settings select:
Include Feedback for Learner Selections to show the corresponding choice feedback for only the choices the learner selects.
Include Feedback for Correct Choices to show only the choice feedback corresponding to correct choices for every selection made by the learner.
Include Feedback for Incorrect Choices to show only the choice feedback corresponding to incorrect choices for every selection made by the learner.
- Select the Choices tab and enter text for each choice or option. For correct choices, select Mark this choice as correct. If you want the choice to appear in random order, select Randomize this choice.
Note: If you add an option such as "All of the above" or "None of the above", enter this choice in the last place and do not select Randomize this choice.
- If you'd like specific feedback for any given choice, select the Feedback tab for that choice and enter the desired text. The presentation of this feedback is controlled on the Details tab, under Choice Feedback Settings mentioned above.
- Select Add after each choice is complete.
- Select the Feedback button at the bottom left of the fly-out panel to customize the feedback for this question.
- After you've entered custom feedback select Done on the Feedback panel.
- Select Save to save the settings.
- Now you can enter and format the Opening and Body text on the stage.
Note: Body text is the text that SCORM 2004 communicates to the LMS as the "question text".
- For more options select the Question tab from the ribbon toolbar.