There are a number of ways to add interactivity to your pages in Claro. For a complete list of available interactions see our How do I add interactions to my page? article.
To create an action to Show or Hide or Toggle elements:
- Select the element you want to have trigger the action or Insert a button.
- Select the Interaction tab.
- In the Element Interactions section, select the Actions button drop-down list.
- Select Show Elements or Hide Elements or Toggle Elements from the drop-down menu (Toggle will show when hidden or hide when shown). The Element Interactions panel will open.
- The panel has two list areas, Groups/Elements and Targets. If you have multiple groups, Groups is selected by default. If only need to target a few items from a Group(s), select Elements from the pulldown menu.
- Select the Group(s) or elements you want to target and drag them to the Target list. Once the Group has been added, the elements within the Group will be highlighted on the stage area in a red dashed border.
Note: You can use the usual Shift or Ctrl (command) shortcut keys to select multiple Groups or Elements in a list to drag them all together. It is highly recommended that you use this processes as opposed to adding the same action to multiple elements individually—too many individual actions can create issues in some browsers.
- You can choose a transition Effect, such as Fade, Fly, Slide, etc. See Animate and Action Effects for more information.
- Select the Trigger for the action (When clicked, When double clicked, When right-clicked, When mouse rolls over, When mouse rolls off, When trigger element shows, When trigger element hides).
- You can also select a Delay after which the action should occur after the Trigger event.
- You can also select a Duration for the event to determine the speed at which the transition will happen. A default duration will be added to every event when it is added.
- There are three checkboxes at the bottom:
- Check Hide other action targets to hide elements that may have been shown as part of another Action, Hotspot or Image map.
- Check Set Hidden on Load for target elements to hide the action's elements when the page is loaded. If you want your mouse event
elements visible when the page loads, uncheck this box.
Note: This option is checked by default. You can see the "Hidden on load" button toggled on for selected elements it has been applied to in the Element Interactions area of the Animate tab. If you subsequently edit an action and remove an element where "Hidden on load" was applied, you will need to turn off "Hidden on load" if you want the element to show when the page is loaded.
- Check Clear Hidden on Load for target elements to show the action's elements when the page is loaded even when "Hidden on load" may have been applied.
- Finally, click the Apply button when you’re done or click Cancel at anytime.
- You can then Preview the action right from the Element Interactions pane or Add another action to the element.
- Click Done when you are finished.