Page notes are intended for communication between course authors during the development process or simply as an area where you can make your own notes for later reference.
When you publish a course, you can choose to include Page Notes or not. If you do include them, the learner can view them in the Menu.
To add page notes to your course:
- Click the View tab.
- Click the Page Notes button.
- The Page Notes area opens at the bottom of the workspace. Simply type or copy and paste text into the field.
- Format the text using the Formatting toolbar (click the Arrow in the top right corner of the panel) or use common keyboard shortcuts (formatting includes bold, italic, underlined, bullet or numbered lists, indenting, and paragraph alignment such as left, center, right).
- You can press Enter on your keyboard for a new line.
- To close the Page Notes area, click the Page Notes button again.
NOTE: The Page Notes and Page Transcript buttons toggle between the Page Notes and Page Transcripts tabs in the area below the workspace. See Add page transcripts to your course for further explanation.
To export a file containing all page notes:
- Click the Application Menu.
- Click Export.
- Click Page Notes in the Current Course section.
- Click the Export as text or the Export as Excel (csv file) button to save a file.